Faces of Russia

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Jun 17 02:46:37 UTC 1998

Dear SEELANGers:

For those of us in North America, a reminder that most PBS stations will be
broadcasting the first installment of a 3-hour special entitled "Faces of
Russia" produced and narrated by James Billington starting June 17.  (The
second and third installments scheduled for June 24 and July 1.)  I am
writing about this because I have seen a description of the program and am
very impressed with it; we can only hope it stimulates enrollment in our
language and culture courses.

Ben Rifkin

////////////////////////////////////////

Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Professor of Slavic Languages
Coordinator of Russian-Language Instruction

Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706  USA

voice:  608/262-1623