"Mourka"

Mourka1 Mourka1 at aol.com
Sat May 9 19:32:45 UTC 1998

Zdravstvuyte Sobesedniki,  Greetings Seelangers!

I have learned last week that my show "Mourka" has been chosen to be part of a
theatre festival in New York City, in August.  I would like those people who
would like to come see the show in New York, to please Email your mailing
addresses to me so that I can add them to my mailing list.  I will then send
you a flyer by regular mail in July giving a detailed description of where and
when "Mourka" will be staged.  I am very excited about this prospect as it is
a culmination of about five years of work.

If you missed my initial letter to SEELANGS, the show "Mourka" is a one-woman
autobiographical play using my Russian aristocratic background as a backdrop
to a young woman growing up in the fast lane in New York in the late 60's,
early 70's. It is laced with choreography,  black culture,  various adventures
and universal men, women, artists, emigre conflicts.  It is a multi-media
production utilizing a huge screen onto which are projected archival and
personal photographs which interlace the narrative throughout the play.  The
music ranges from live and taped Russian gypsy songs and romances sung by me
to Aretha Franklin to the Russian Orthodox Liturgy.

In addition, I am selling my audio cassette of Russian Gypsy songs and
romances.   Some of the songs I sing in my show.  If you are interested,
please send me $10.00 + $2.50 for mailing and I will promptly send a cassette
out to you.  Thank you.

Privet,

Margarita Meyendorff (Mourka)