AIWA MX1

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at yt.cache.waseda.ac.jp
Fri May 22 00:22:52 UTC 1998

I don't know what AIWA1 video recorder is, but here's one important
point you must make sure: there are two kinds of video recorders that
"play any format" -- with or without a format converter. If yours doesn't
have a format converter, it will read a PAL medium and output PAL
signals to your cathode ray tube. Make sure it is equipped with
a converter to NTSC format.
   In my case, I purchased a converter separately because the sum total
of a multi-video recorder/replayer plus a converter was substantially
smaller than a multi-video replayer with a converter built-in.
   There are also cathode ray tubes that understands "any format", but
you don't need this.

Cheers,
Tsuji