ISO of cheers (try #2!)

Ralph Cleminson ralph.cleminson at port.ac.uk
Fri Oct 9 09:21:43 UTC 1998

Among the warcries listed on Thu, 8 Oct 1998 at 18:31:24 +200
by Uladzimir L. Katkouski "Iz repertuara bolelshikov Dinamo Minsk
vremen SSSR", the line

> Atakui nie atakui, vsio ravno poluchish gol.

stands out by virtue of the fact that it shares the metrical
structure of the others, but unlike them, lacks a rhyme.  I suspect
that there is in fact a rhyme implicit in this couplet, which you
have all guessed by now, and if we make that substitution, the second
tetrameter becomes identical with the last line of a chastushka
popular in the same period:

Sprava molot, sleva serp:
Eto nash sovetskij gerb.
Khochesh' zhni, a khochesh' kuj,