Pushkin bicentenary

Wim Coudenys wim.coudenys at arts.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Oct 28 07:58:18 UTC 1998

Dear Seelangers,
The Belgian descendants of A.S. Pushkin, Aleksandr Aleksandrovich and his
wife, have created an International A.S. Pushkin Foundation, so as to
prepare the festivities in Belgium. As I am co-founder of the Foundation
and actively involved in the the preparation of the bicentenary in both the
Flemish and French speaking parts of Belgium, I'm increasingly becoming
aware of the lacking coordination between initiatives all over the world:
Seelangs has posted some of them, I myself have been contacted by the
Russians, etc., but an overview is missing. Therefore I would like to make
a list of all ongoing activities. Would everyone who is planning a
commemoration, prepares a publication or has founded a committee be so kind
as to keep me informed? Has someone already come up with this idea?
Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,
W. Coudenys

Dr. Wim Coudenys