middle-school/high school russian

E. L. Easton eleaston at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 15 16:33:53 UTC 1998

>I would appreciate any recommendations for a Russian textbook or series
>appropriate for middle-school aged children.  These children are being
>tutored in the home as part of their home-schooling language education,
>hence I am looking for materials that are communicative and
>culture-oriented.
>Maria Stalnaker

Maria,

Here are the major suppliers of Russian books.  I'm sure they can help with
the latest.  A book from 1987 was Russian On Your Own, Russky Yazyk
Publishers.
http://eleaston.home.mindspring.com/html/russian.html#BookPublishers

Here's a page of materials for teaching, including links to history sites,
music, & Bucknell's Russian Reference Grammar:
http://eleaston.home.mindspring.com/html/russian.html

And, especially look at Prof. Beyer's Signs Index:
http://www.middlebury.edu/~beyer/RT/frameindex/frame.shtml
Eva Easton
Bergen Community College, NJ

eleaston at mindspring.com