Video of "Le Sacre du Printemps"

James E Brown jebrown at hawaii.edu
Wed Sep 16 18:45:15 UTC 1998

Dear SEELANGER's,

I am trying to find a video performance of Stravinsky's "Le Sacre du
Printemps."  The Eye on Dance Program aired a conversation 11/05/87 with
Millicent Hodson and Kenneth Archer where they discussed their recreation
of the choreography and costumes of the Ballets Russes production in
Paris.  The Joffery Ballet performed the reconstruction and snippets of
their production are seen in the Eye on Dance Program.  Does anyone know
if a complete video version  of this or any other production  of "Le
sacres du Printemps" is available?  I will be most grateful for any
information that you can furnish me.

Dr.James E. Brown
Chair, Russian Division
Department of European Languages