request for help with research project

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 17 16:09:12 UTC 1998

Dear SEELANGers:

For a research project on the acquisition of the sound and writing systems
of Russian in first-year Russian courses (college level), I would
appreciate it if those teaching first-year courses or those supervising
first-year courses interested in helping with this project would contact me
(off-list).  I have a 10-item questionnaire (mini-quiz) for students to
complete and I would like to compare results of students' achievements (as
demonstrated on this mini-quiz) among institutions and programs.  If you
are interested, whether you are on a quarter- or semester-system, please
let me know and I will send you more information.

Thank you!

Ben Rifkin

/////////////////////////////

Benjamin Rifkin
Associate Professor of Russian,
Coordinator of Russian-Language Instruction & Teacher Training
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall
1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI  53706