rus. film / German singer

Elena Levintova elenalev at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 26 00:58:25 UTC 1998

Dear SEELANGers, please help me to find some info.
I vaguely remember a Russian film made perhaps 5 or 7 years ago about
life in Russia during Stalin era where a charming, exquisite German
singer plays the leading female part. The singer's name was something
like Ute Lempert or something. The film was distinguished by its
excellent camera work.
I need to know the title of the film (and the name of the director) and
where I could order a copy, and also the name of the singer so I could
find her CDs, if she produced any.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.