well-paid, last minute job (at West Point)

Christine Tomei cdtomei at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 29 13:14:26 UTC 1998

I found the job, as is, on USA Jobs, something I look at officially and unofficially, for the purpose of posting jobs to AWSS-L. I could not determine the nature of the "foreign language" component from the posting, but it was seemingly listed as such, so I put it up.
        I will not apologize for the condition of the announcement, alathough it's true, I did not edit it. If something goes up that is very clear-cut, it gets posted in that form.
        I hope this answers your questions. If not, get back to me personally, please, I'll be happy to attend to anything you'd like.
        Best wishes,
        Chris
        cdtomei at frontiernet.net

Professor Tomei,

Out of curiosity, where did you find the West Point ad?

I didn't intend to blame you in any way.  I really appreciate your posting
the ad.  Indeed, I had already e-mailed (and heard back from) the person
listed in the ad (about when the start date would be).  I didn't even think
of the language until after 5 p.m. EDT (when the phone number couldn't be
reached).  I ended up posting the application anyway (by today's deadline).

Best,  --Loren Billings