URGENT! Research Help Needed (fwd)

Catharine Nepomnyashchy cn29 at columbia.edu
Tue Aug 3 14:19:03 UTC 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:53:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Kevin Eric Laney <kel1 at columbia.edu>
To: Undisclosed recipients:  ;
Subject: URGENT!  Research Help Needed (fwd)

Maybe someone can help this man!

KLaney

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 03:50:31 -0400
From: "Murphy, Gregory (SCPS)" <gmurphy at shelby.k12.ky.us>
To: "'kel1 at columbia.edu'" <kel1 at columbia.edu>
Subject: URGENT!  Research Help Needed

I am in need of some very urgent research assistance, perhaps you may even
know the answer without any research.  PLEASE read on and forward this
request to anyone you know who may be able to assist me.

My father passed away Saturday, July 31, 1999.  He was a retired minister
and spent his last few years doing mission work with the people of Russia,
Poland, and Tanzania, but his greatest love was for the people of Russia.
He had just completed the manuscript for a book entitled Russian Harvest,
which is to be published in September.  HERE IS WHERE I NEED YOUR URGENT
HELP.  TIME IS VERY CRITICAL!

My father included the following passage from Anton Chekhov in his
manuscript:  "You cannot know Moscow until you have seen it from here."  My
father's publisher must know the source of this quote.  I have looked
through every book my father owns on Russia and cannot find this quote.  The
publisher needs this reference very soon or the passage will have to be
removed from the manuscript.  We greatly desire to keep my father's text
complete.

Please, if you have any way of researching this or passing this message on
to your library or someone else, I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you very much for considering this request.

My e-mail address is:

gmurphy at shelby.k12.ky.us