Call for Papers

bozena shallcross bshallcr at indiana.edu
Wed Dec 8 16:13:34 UTC 1999

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Polish Studies Center, IU wrote:

>                            Call for Papers
>        Polonophilia and Polonophobia of the Russians
>

> This conference is scheduled for September 16-17, 2000 at the Indiana
> University Bloomington campus. We invite proposals for papers on any
  aspect of the history of Russia's alternating attraction to and
  repulsion of Poland's cultural expression. Topics may include, but need
  not be limited to, contributions of Polish creativity to Russian culture
  and the reactive use by Russian artists and writers of Polish expression
  as a foil for creating a self-conscious Russian cultural identity. The
  conference is jointly sponsored by the Indiana University Russian and
  East European Institute, the Indiana University Polish Studies Center,
  and the University of Wisconsin Madison Department of Slavic Languages
  and Literatures. Co-directors are Bozena Shallcross, Indiana University;
  David Ransel, Indiana University and Alexander Dolinin, University of
  Wisconsin at Madison.

> Paper submissions should include tentative title, abstract (no more than
> one page), and short
> curriculum vitae (no more than three pages) including contact information.
> Submissions should be
> directed to the conference co-directors and sent to the Russian and East
> European Institute,
> Indiana University, Ballantine Hall 565, Bloomington, IN 47405, fax:
> 812-855-6411, email:
> reei at indiana.edu
>
> Deadline for paper proposals, February 15, 2000. Anticipated announcemnt
> of final program:
> May 1, 2000.

Bozena Shallcross
Director, Polish Studies Center         Dept. of Slavic Langs. & Lits.
1217 E. Atwater                         Ballantine Hall 502
Bloomington, IN 47401-3701              1020 E Kirkwood Avenue
Phone: 812-855-1507                     Bloomington, IN 47405
Fax: 812-855-0207                       Phone: 812-855-3351