NAATC meeting; Czech teaching materials display

weiss skritek1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 19:02:03 UTC 1999

I would appreciate a list of the newly published texts
and dictionaries since I will not be able to attend
the meeting. Will such a list be compiled? Is a second
volume to the Kresin textbook being planned?
Dekuji predem za odpoved.

--- Jeff Holdeman <holdeman.2 at osu.edu> wrote:
> The North American Association of Teachers of Czech
> (NAATC) would like to
> announce its annual business meeting at the AATSEEL
> National Convention in
> Chicago.  The brief meeting will take place on
> Wednesday, December 29 at
> 5:30 pm, immediately after the NAATC literature
> panel (29D-1: 3:15-5:15 pm)
> in a location to be determined at a later date.  All
> members and other
> interested parties are encouraged to attend.
>
> Following the meeting in the same conference room,
> there will be a display
> of Czech teaching materials.  About 200 recent
> textbooks, dictionaries, and
> grammars will be available for browsing by NAATC
> members and the general
> public.  The display will begin with a short
> discussion of the materials
> and an informal question-and-answer session.  The
> display will be open for
> a few hours following the meeting.  This will be a
> unique chance to examine
> and compare these materials first-hand, as well as
> to socialize with fellow
> colleagues in Czech studies.
>
> The location of the meeting and display (different
> from the NAATC
> literature panel) will appear in the update of the
> conference program, to
> be made available in Chicago.  There will also be
> posters around the hotel
> and on the conference announcement board with the
> suite name.

=====

Veronika Ambros, Associate Professor
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Toronto
21 Sussex Ave
Toronto, ON CANADA M5S 1A1
Work Phone: 416-978-8717