video

Emily Tall mllemily at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Feb 3 16:27:37 UTC 1999

I assume you all received the new brochure from Fox Lorber associates
offering Russian titles on video. I'm interested in your recommendations:
does anyone know the following: "Mother and Son," and "Second Circle"by
Sokurov (I don't usually like him but these may be different); "House
Built on Sand" by N. Adomenaite, "Elixir" by I. Evteeva; three films by
Laris Shepitko, "The Ascent," "Wings," and "Larisa." The sale price is
quite high for these; I imagine it will go down eventually. Emily Tall
(SUNY/Buffalo).