Do-it-Yourself Webcasting -- Footnote

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 16 11:02:49 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues:

Earlier today I wrote a message concerning the new technology
called Multicasting. This message was meant specifically for
academic departments and individuals responsible for video
production, etc. at their universities and institutes. Such a
technology will offer unique opportunites to academic departments
and even individuals to broadcast audio or video to an unlimited
number of users worldwide on the Net at very low costs. I am
including another, extensive, though rather technical article
concerning this subject below. You will find it on ZDNET's site under
the heading: "Now showing on the Net near you" at:

http://www.zdnet.com

or, more, directly, at:

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2208021,00.html

Yours,