Update: Summer program to Siberia (fwd)

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Tue Feb 16 12:17:00 UTC 1999

FYI

Devin P Browne
dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 20:26:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Reap International <reap at reapintl.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <civilsoc at SOLAR.RTD.UTK.EDU>
Subject: Update: Summer program to Siberia

REAP International
William Mueller, Director
1427 4th Street SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa  52404
Phone (319) 366-4230
Fax (319) 366-2209
E-Mail:  REAP at reapintl.com

RE: REAP'S SUMMER PROGRAM INFORMATION

We have been provided an extension by Aeroflot on the deadline for
reserving seats for the Summer program in Siberia.

Response to the trip has been good.  We have approximately 30 persons from
Iowa, Wisconsin, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Minnesota, Pennsylvania,
Vermont, Illinois, Washington (state), California and Massachusetts.

Participants include college and high school students; educators, farmers,
scientists, a nurse, occupational therapist, artist, counselor,
accountant, civil engineer, forester, businessmen and journalists.

But we would like to make the trip even better.  Therefore, we would ask
your indulgence to distribute this note among your associates.  We do have
full program information available for interested parties.

A downpayment of $250 is required by February 22st, $650 more is due
February 28th. Balance (varies by programs) due May 15th.  Bookings after
February 28th are possible, but we cannot guarantee the prices or same
flight.  Prices for village program:

  Chicago departure  $1,475
  New York departure  $1,535
  Los Angeles (via Moscow) departure $1,800

Costs for Green Walk Chicago departure $1,800, $1,860 NYC & $2,125 LA.

Price includes Nonrefundable international airfare to Irkutsk, Train to
Ulan-Ude, Visa, emergency medical/evacuation insurance, Moscow costs*
Support to host family(ies), 3-day youth conference.

Green Walk costs covered, but not camping gear. *Due to increases in cost,
participants will be required to pay for some of their own meals and
admission costs beyond basic entrance into Kremlin.

Sincerely,
Bill Mueller

Contact:  Bill Mueller, REAP International, (319) 366-4230; E-Mail:
REAP at reapintl.com;  Fax:  (319) 366-2209

     |  CivilSoc is an electronic news and information service  |
     |  provided free of charge to 1,400 subscribers worldwide. |
     |  CivilSoc is a project of CCSI--Center for Civil Society |
     |  International (ccsi at u.washington.edu) in Seattle, in    |
     |  association with Friends & Partners.  For more informa- |
     |  tion about civic initiatives in nations of the former   |
     |  USSR and elsewhere, visit CCSI's web site at:           |
     |         http://www.friends-partners.org/~ccsi/           |