Has Chulaki been silenced?

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 17 20:48:57 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues:

I often enjoy watching Chulaki on the Net (it's available in video or
audio) at:

http://www.art.spb.ru/chulaki/video.htm

You'll need to download the free Windows Media Player from:

htttp://www.microsoft.com

Chulaki's 15 minute lectures are very entertaining and informative.
And his Russian is not only wonderful to listen to. It is delivered at a
slow, deliberate pace that's perfect for us foreigners.

As the Chairman of the Human Rights Commission for Saint-
Petersburg, he has no doubt incurred a lot of enemies. His last
lecture is dated June 29, 1998, that is, last year. I am wondering if
anyone knows what's happened to him? Has he been silenced?
Assassinated? Anybody know?

Yours,

Benjamin
Benjamin Sher