AATSEEL '99

Jerry Ervin AATSEEL at compuserve.com
Thu Feb 18 00:42:34 UTC 1999

Dear SEELANGS colleagues:

It's not too early to begin thinking about attending AATSEEL '99.  In
particular, air travel looks like it will be tight everywhere during the
'99 holiday season; we have been advised to have our attendees call early
(now is none too soon, believe it or not) to reserve space.

Best regards,

Jerry Ervin

* * * * *
Gerard L. (Jerry) Ervin
Executive Director, American Ass'n of Teachers of
Slavic & E European Languages (AATSEEL)
1933 N. Fountain Park Dr., Tucson, AZ 85715 USA
Phone/fax:  520/885-2663
Email:  AATSEEL at compuserve.com
AATSEEL Home Page: <http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/>

1999 CONFERENCE INFORMATION

AATSEEL '99 will take place 27-30 December.  Program information will be
available in late summer via the AATSEEL Web site (see below).

HOTEL:  Chicago Hilton and Towers, 727 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60605.
To make reservations call 1-800-HILTONS (1-800-445-8667) and cite
"AATSEEL-Slavic" as your group.  There is ample room at the hotel for
attendees to arrive a few days early and stay a few days after the
conference, if you so desire, at our very favorable conference rates.

        HOTEL ROOM RATES:  $85 single, $95 double, $110 triple, $125 quad.
Up to 50 parlor accommodations (with rollaway bed or pull-out sofa will be
available at student rate of $70 single, $80 double or twin).

        HOTEL FACILITIES:  Pool, jacuzzi complementary.  Complete health
club access (including indoor track and weight machines) at discounted rate
of $15 for a 3-day pass.  Gourmet restaurant, sports bar, etc.  This is a
first-class, luxury hotel about a mile south of the downtown area, with
easy access via hourly shuttle bus and via public transportation to
downtown and MLA venues.

TRAVEL:  We have contracted with American Airlines for special, discounted
conference rates.  To check on service, availability and rates with
American, call 1-800-433-1790; cite group number 17D9UD.  **Travel during
the "milennium holiday" period is expected to be very heavy all over the
world, and especially in the US.  Call early!**

ACCESS FROM AIRPORT:  Airport shuttle service is highly recommended.

PARKING:  15% discount on prevailing 1999 rate at the hotel.  Other parking
available in the area.

CONFERENCE REGISTRATION RATES:  Conference registration is required of all
attendees; registration fees are in addition to membership fees.  Current
(1999) AATSEEL members qualify for reduced conference registration.

                   CURRENT (1999)
                      AATSEEL
                      MEMBERS       NONMEMBERS
STUDENTS                $25            $30
OTHERS
*Preregistration        $60            $75
On-site registration    $75            $90

        *Preregistration by 1 November 1999 required of conference
presenters (all panelists and chairs); preregistration for others closes 1
December 1999.  All conference presenters must be AATSEEL members.

MLA COURTESY RATES:  We hope this will again be made possible.  Watch this
space and your AATSEEL publications.

FUTURE CONFERENCES
        2000:  28-30 December, Washington, DC (Capital Hilton)

ADVERTISING, EXHIBITING
        AATSEEL accepts advertising for its publications and conference
program and offers an exhibit hall at its conferences.  Please contact the
Executive Director for details.