Ukrainian kobzar to visit

Natalie O. Kononenko nkm at unix.mail.virginia.edu
Wed Feb 24 02:05:19 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues,
        I come to you with a different sort of Ukrainian
announcement.  Pavlo Suprun, the man I write about extensively
in my book on Ukrainian minstrels, is coming to the United
States soon.  He has been invited by a friend in Chicago and
will be performing in the Chicago area.  From what I
understand, he is looking for gigs once his schedule in the
Chicago area is complete.  This means during the month of
April.  If you are interested in inviting Pavlo Suprun to
perform for your university or civic group, please contact
Fedir Konyk at 708-422-0658 between the hours of 9AM and 7PM
CST.  I do not know what the conditions of a performance by
Pavlo would be.  I know that he is looking to make some money.
I also know that his expectations are modest.  He is blind, but
he has been to the United States before and he handles himself
well.  When he came several years ago, he came at the
invitation of the Penn State Medieval Consortium.  He preformed
at Penn State, here at the University of Virginia, and in
Washington, D.C.

Natalie Kononenko
nkm at virginia.edu