Cyrillic email and word processing program/s

Carol Z. Logan clogan at igc.apc.org
Thu Feb 25 03:54:10 UTC 1999

Can anyone recommend a user-friendly Cyrillic email and wordprocessing
program with a driver, including both the Windows standard cyrillic font,
and KOI-7 or KOI-8, compatible with Windows 95, and allowing the keyboard
configuration to be personalized (like the US keyboard arrangement)?
Wordperfect 6.0 allows you to configure the letters any way you wish, but
apparently Windows 95 doesn't.  Or at least I don't know how to do it.

If someone knows a good program (I have been using a 1990-92 Steepler's
CyrWin email program, version 3.2, on my old laptop, which has worked
extremely well for five years as a word processing and email program with WP
6.0 and Eudora, but I can't install it on my Gateway with Win 95 and
Netscape 4.5.)

If this makes any sense and anyone has any advice on user-friendly (and,
hopefully, not too expensive) programs,

               TO, OGROMNOJE SPASIBO!