housing in Kiev

Emily Tall mllemily at acsu.buffalo.edu
Tue Jul 13 22:37:40 UTC 1999

I've just got a message from a student of mine doing an internship in Kiev
for an organization called AISEC. They are providing housing and he says
it's awful, with cockroaches, etc. I wonder if any of you know anyone in
Kiev who would like to rent out a room to a lovely young man who speaks
Russian, and knows some Polish and Ukrainian. Of course he could help with
English lessons, etc. Also, is there some nice person working in our
Embassy there who might provide a sympathetic ear? He told me he got fined
(I don't know by whom) because he didn't have some form in on time...and,
in general, that he was ready to give up and come home.
Many thanks in advance. Emily Tall, SUNY/Buffalo