Computer technology

frazier melissa mfrazier at mail.slc.edu
Fri Jun 4 17:21:23 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues,

We at Sarah Lawrence are beginning to plan for a new largely computer-based
language lab, and I am wondering what people at other institutions do with
computers for first and second-year Russian classes.  I do some stuff with
videos and I use "Nachalo" for first-year which comes with a CD-Rom; I also
know of some exercises on the web for "Nachalo."  Can any of you recommend
anything else?  In particular I'm interested in using programs like Aspects
(for peer-editing of writing) and Discus (for discussion groups on-line) --
but I don't know how hard it would be to get Cyrillic working with these
programs or if it would even be possible at all. Any ideas would be
welcome, and please respond to me off-line at mfrazier at mail.slc.edu.

Thank you!

Melissa Frazier

Melissa Frazier