transl software for Rus-Eng

Kristine Marie Stolte kstolt1 at uic.edu
Mon Jun 7 19:08:55 UTC 1999

I am a graduate research assistant involved in an epidemiologic
(population-based medical research) study with
a group of Russian investigators in Ozersk. I am interested in getting
recommendations of software programs that can translate between Russian
and English, once a document or other text is scanned into the computer.
Because of the nature of the project, it would be very beneficial to find
a program that can translate biomedical terms or at least, scientific
language. If you know of a particularly good text translator program,
especially if it includes biomedical or scientific language, I would
greatly appreciate your feedback. Please respond to my query off line. I
will post a summary list of responses in a few days. Thank you.

Kristine Stolte
kstolt1 at uic.edu