Books for review in SEEJ

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Mar 9 20:52:06 UTC 1999

The list of books available for review in the Slavic and East European
Journal has been updated (new items are at the bottom of each section).
Check the link from the main AATSEEL web page
(<http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel>) or go directly to
<http://www.swarthmore.edu/Humanities/sforres1/seej/>.
There are some particularly interesting offerings in Romanian and Ukrainian
literature, as well as these items in the area of history and culture:

Paul Lendvai, BLACKLISTED:  A JOURNALIST'S LIFE IN CENTRAL EUROPE (I. B.
Tauris, 1998)

Andrew Donskov, ed., SERGEY TOLSTOY AND THE DOUKHOBORS:  A JOURNEY TO
CANADA (U of Ottawa and the L. N. Tolstoy Museum, 1998)

Janine R. Wedel, COLLISION AND COLLUSION:  THE STRANGE CASE OF WESTERN AID
TO EASTERN EUROPE, 1989-1998 (St. Martin's Press, 1998)

Catherine Evtuhov et al., eds., KAZAN, MOSCOW, ST. PETERSBURG:  MULTIPLE
FACES OF THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE (Moscow:  O.G.I, 1997)

Claire Wallace and Sijka Kovatcheva, YOUTH IN SOCIETY:  THE CONSTRUCTION
AND DECONSTRUCTION OF YOUTH IN EAST AND WEST EUROPE (St. Martin's Press,
1999)

Pplease direct all questions and suggestions to Sibelan Forrester at
<SFORRES1 at swarthmore.edu>.

Thank you for your attention!

Sibelan