Apple Cyrillic fonts and Microsoft Office 98

Keith Langston langston at arches.uga.edu
Thu Mar 11 21:13:03 UTC 1999

Dear Seelangers,

The Apple Standard Cyrillic fonts together with George Fowler's
Cyrillic keyboards work fine with Microsoft Office 95 on my computer
(running OS 8.1), but when I installed these on the new Macs in our
departmental lab, I can't get the cyrillic to work with the 1998
version of Microsoft Word. The font names show up in cyrillic on the
font menu, but when you try to select one of them nothing happens.
However, if you type something in another font, highlight it and then
select one of the cyrillic fonts it *does* work, but then if you
position the cursor somewhere in the word and attempt to type, the font
for the whole word switches back to the default setting. I tried
changing the default font to cyrillic and that doesn't work either. Has
anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Langston
University of Georgia