Apple Cyrillic fonts and Microsoft Office 98

Kjetil Ra Hauge K.R.Hauge at easteur-orient.uio.no
Fri Mar 12 13:26:26 UTC 1999

>My keyboard GF Cyrillic CAPS has an ID number which does not match
>what the OS expects for a Cyrillic font, and the result can be that
>selecting that keyboard deselects any standard font. This is
>frustrating, and there is some built-in way to fix it. However, I
>just opened Word 98 and couldn't find the solution. I tried
>Tools/Language and Tools/Preferences/various tabs, but didn't see it.
>If some SEELangs reader knows the answer, please post it!
[...]
>George Fowler

The resource ID for the keyboard (KCHR) resource should be in the range
from 19456 to 19967 for a WorldScript-savvy application to link Cyrillic
fonts with keyboard layouts, see
http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/mac/Text/Text-534.html

--- Kjetil Ra Hauge, U. of Oslo.
--- Tel. +47/22 85 67 10, fax +47/22 85 41 40