Nas malo...

Jeff Holdeman holdeman.2 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 25 11:25:58 UTC 1999

Here is a request that-I hope-is sufficiently obscure to warrant a posting.

What is the width of the stripes on a Russian sailor's "tel'niashka" (in
millimeters or inches)?  Is there a border around the neck opening, and if
so is it dark blue or white?  Also, would anyone be willing to fax me
(614-688-3107) a sketch of the front of a sailor's middy [shirt]
("rubakha") with the tel'niashka showing?  (Note: Genevra, make sure you
include this in your third edition.)  It has been a while since I have seen
these up close.

Spasibo zaranee,

Jeff Holdeman
The Ohio State University