Decameron (the twist)

Uladzimir Katkouski VLK960 at cj.aubg.bg
Thu Nov 11 16:23:54 UTC 1999

On 11 Nov 99, at 8:54, Alina Israeli wrote:

> I would hesitate to call Boccaccio "French" (although according to some

Oops... that was rather stupid of me... Zaprawdny analfabet! ;) I
never gave a thought about his origin and then I just assumed it'd
be spelled "in a French way," i.e. D[e]'something.

> >He published two books:  Damavikameron-I and Damavikameron-
> >II.  Each book has 66 tales.
>
> Decameron has 10 as its root. I wonder how 66 relates to tens if we are in
> base 10?

66 related to 666, the demonic number.  I guess mister Hlobus
wouldn't be capable of writing 666 tales, so he divides them in 66-
piece chunks instead. I guess it makes some sense.

Decameron-like elements are only the surface of his tales, while the
deeper layer is concerned with demonic elements and beliefs,
hence the number.

UN,
UK

http://www.aubg.bg/cj/~vlk960/litvania/