FL advocacy video

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Sat Nov 13 04:47:13 UTC 1999

While we're on the subject of advocacy for our Russian programs, I should
mention that Pennsylvania State Modern Language Association has recently
produced a 16 minute video about the importance of foreign language
learning and its place in today's business world.  It's directed toward
administrators, school board members, PTO's, and students.  While it's not
Russian-specific at all, it can be a useful tool if you need to find
justification for your program to your higher-ups.

The video will be playing at ACTFL in Dallas (I think they will have it
running during lunch??).  More info about the packet can be obtained from
the PSMLA web site:

http://ml.hss.cmu.edu/psmla/

Click on the link to "Advocacy Packet."

Devin / Divan