Plato and art censorship (fwd)

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at ucdavis.edu
Thu Nov 18 19:57:09 UTC 1999

Good question.  The trouble is, censorship has always existed in Russia,
not just during the Soviet period, but also in the earlier tsarist period.
Censorship there is not specifically a "Marxist" thing, but a Russian
thing.  Censorship did not disappear until the late 1980s- early 90s.  For
more detail on this, I would recommend contacting my colleague Yuri
Druzhnikov, who teaches a course on censorship in Russia
(ydruzhnikov at ucdavis.edu).

Cheers,
Daniel R-L
darancourlaferriere at ucdavis.edu