Plato and art censorship (fwd)

Adassovsky Georges gadassov at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 18 23:33:36 UTC 1999

Daniel R-L wrote:

>Good question.  The trouble is, censorship has always existed in Russia,
>not just during the Soviet period, but also in the earlier tsarist period.
>Censorship there is not specifically a "Marxist" thing, but a Russian
>thing.

I don't agree. Of course some form of censorship existed in Tsarist Russia,
it was the same sort of censorship that existed in any nation in Europe at
the same time, and it have nothing to compare with the Soviet censorship,
that was worse while all other nations were in progress.
I can give you a lot of writtings that passed the tsarist censorship, and
that would never had passed the Soviet censorship.
By the way... what is the "politically correct" if not a modern form of
censorship?
Georges