Results of Nachalo survey

Genevra Gerhart ggerhart at wolfenet.com
Sun Nov 28 20:13:07 UTC 1999

The results of the Nachalo survey were indeed a great leap forward -- at
least we now have some idea of what is attempted where. But the picture
is still muddy:
1. As Stalnaker says, we need to know how many class hours or semester
credits are involved. (HS language courses typically require 20 to 25
percent of the students' time while college courses use 30 to 60
percent.)
2. We also need to know the extent to which the goal was achieved: what
can the students actually read, write, speak or "appreciate"?
3. We also need to know what percentage enrolled for the next course.

And like that.
--
Genevra Gerhart
http://www.wolfenet.com/~ggerhart/

2134 E. Interlaken  Bl.                 Tel. 206/329-0053
Seattle, WA  98112                      ggerhart at wolfenet.com