Programs that offer secondary-school teacher training.

Julie Cassiday Julie.A.Cassiday at williams.edu
Thu Oct 7 15:15:56 UTC 1999

Dear All,

I'm hoping that you can offer advice that I can pass on to a student of
mine, who will be graduating as a Russian Studies major from a liberal arts
college this June.  My student is very interested in applying to graduate
school programs that offer a Master's Degree in Russian Studies or
Slavistics with a heavy emphasis on Linguistics and Language Pedagogy.  He
hopes to earn his Master's Degree and to get certification for teaching
Russian in secondary schools at the same time.  He is also not a great fan
of literature and would like to avoid classes devoted exclusively to
literature if at all possible.

Here's my question:  what programs in the United States fit my student's
needs?  He's very interested in staying on the east coast, but would
contemplate going west if this is required.

Many thanks for your help and advice,

Julie Cassiday
Russian Department
Williams College