Two questions

Edythe Haber edythe.haber at umb.edu
Wed Oct 20 22:01:51 UTC 1999

Dear Seelangers,

    I have two unrelated questions.  The first and shorter:  I have a
student, a graduating senior, who is interested in studying film in
Russia.  The one film institute I know of is VGIK (if that's what it's
still called) in Moscow.  Do you know how he would go about applying
there?  Also I'd appreciate information about any other film schools.

    The second question:  We want to propose a course entitled "Russian
for Russians," intended for the many emigre students at UMass Boston.
Does anybody have experience with such a course?  Could you recommend
suitable materials and successful teaching strategies?

   Thanks ahead of time for any help you can offer.

Edythe Haber