quick poll re offprints of book reviews

Catharine Nepomnyashchy cn29 at columbia.edu
Sat Sep 4 16:30:33 UTC 1999

Dear Sibelan (and SEELangers),

Judging from the responses on SEELangs, there is a range of opinion on the
subject.  Am I correct in believing that the printing of offprints of
reviews is actually "free," since offprints are taken from the same extra
unbound copies of the journal from which article offprints are taken?
Therefore, the actual cost for offprints comes down to stapling and
postage.  If this is the case, perhaps those authors who want offprints of
their reviews might be asked specifically how many offprints they want
in order to minimize the cost to the journal.  Best wishes, Cathy