Any Russian sign language dictionaries and/or tutors/classes in U S?

Udut, Kenneth kenneth.udut at spcorp.com
Wed Sep 22 18:27:03 UTC 1999

Hello SEELANGers!  I hope the current school year is
treating you well!

I've become fastinated with Russian sign language, having
looked at the site (I think it's at Washington Univ, but
not sure off the top of my head).

I'm wondering if there is a dictionary (probably quite
large!) for Russian sign language.

What I have been doing, along with other things
(including Language Bridge, word-for-word translating
from Russian to English, Transparent Language (PC)),
is learning the Russian sign language word along
with learning the word in reading, and writing it
(typing on computer and in script),
speaking and hearing it (through "Speaking Mouse",
which isn't perfect, but it's something, especially
for words which I have trouble 'spelling out').

There's enough on that site to keep me busy
for a while, but a dictionary would be better still.

Does one exist?

also, are there any Russian sign language tutors/classes
in US or perhaps Canada?  [Grayhound bus travels far and
wide]

Thank you!

-Kenneth

           Kenneth Udut