Onegin translation

Robert Chandler kcf19 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Dec 7 23:11:02 UTC 2000

Dear all,

Chris Cosner asks for replies off-list, but I would like to take the
opportunity to encourage everyone to read the translation of the first
chapter of Onegin by Stanley Mitchell - by far the finest translation of
Pushkin I know.  It is published in the jounral "Modern Poetry in
Translation", vol 11>Dear Seelangers,