For Alexandr Stratienko, dictionaries

Alexander Stratienko a_strat at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 9 05:57:26 UTC 2000

>If you need a dictionary for translation, there is a very good CD edition,
>which is even more convenient to use. it's called "Multilex" >and you can
>easily find it in Ukraine, if you ask around at the >software CD booths.

Thank you, Darya.
I don't need a dictionary for translation. Just a monolingual
dictionary. I know that it is easy to find Multilex in Ukraine.
I never used it. I had experience with Lingvo and it's got
mistakes. But have you ever seen even Russian or Ukrainian
dictionaries (monolingual - where an explanation is in the
same language) on CDs? It is difficult (and very expensive!)
to find even such dictionary of English! (most popular foreign
language). I've got quite good (but not perfect) American Heritage
Dictionary installed on my HD. But a friend sent it to me
from Canada. I would like to have the Oxford dictionary too.
It is impossible to buy such a dictionary here in Ukraine.
Isn't it? (I mean a CD dictionary of course - not a book).

But what I need is a dictionary of Polish (MONOLINGUAL!)
I would buy it on CD, OK, if there's no web based one.

Alexander