New Russian-English dictionary

Alina Israeli aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU
Fri Dec 15 03:16:52 UTC 2000

>>Krome russkogo slovnika,
>>utochneny i obnovleny (s uchetom sovremennogo slovoupotreblenija)
>>anglijskie perevody, sredi kotoryh teper bolee chetko razgranicheny
>>brititsizmy i amerikanizmy.
>
>One wonders what we shall call this pristine English language once it has
>been definitively purged of all briticisms and americanisms.... (Imagine a
>grinning, winking emoticon here.)
>
>David Powelstock

"Razgranicheny" does not mean 'purged'. I can suggest another source where
they are also "razgranicheny": Cambridge International Dictionary of
English.

Alina Israeli
LFS, American University                phone:  (202) 885-2387
4400 Mass. Ave., NW                     fax:    (202) 885-1076
Washington, DC 20016

aisrael at american.edu