technology in teaching

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Sun Dec 17 00:28:44 UTC 2000

For more information about technology in language teaching, I
encourage you to see the website:

http://slavica.com/teaching/rifkin.html

This is the electronic version of an essay on resources for teaching
Russian The (including information about CD-ROMs, satellite and
internet-broadcasting useful for the teaching of Russian). The essay
is published by Slavica in the volume

The Learning and Teaching of Slavic Languages and Cultures

The volume will be available for purchase at the AATSEEL Conference
in Washington, DC.

Other essays of interest for teachers of Russian in this volume and
published electronically at the Slavica website are

http://slavica.com/teaching/dedova.html on materials published in
Russia and http://slavica.com/teaching/robblee.html on dictionaries
and other reference works for teachers of Russian.

The volume includes essays on the use of technology in language
teaching as well as essays on resources for teaching other Slavic
languages (also posted on the web at
http://slavica.com/teaching/beissinger.html for South Slavic
languages, http://slavica.com/teaching/kresin.html for Czech,
http://slavica.com/teaching/deLossa.html for Ukrainian,
http://slavica.com/teaching/riley.html and
http://slavica.com/teaching/polakiewicz.html for Polish.)

The other chapters in the volume are not published electronically on the web.

- Ben Rifkin

>I was wondering whether any of you use in your language teaching new (and
>older) high-tech stuff such as computer programs, Web sites set up
>specifically to teach languages, films or news programs downloaded from the
>Internet, or any other computer-related teaching devices.
>If you have a Web site set up, would you mind sharing the link?
>thanks
>Jolanta
>

>Jolanta M. Davis
>Publications Coordinator and NewsNet Editor
>American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies (AAASS)
>8 Story Street
>Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
>tel.: (617) 495-0679
>fax: (617) 495-0680
>http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~aaass/

>                http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

____________________________
Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Prof., Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706
voice: 608/262-1623; fax: 608/265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic/rifkin/

Director of the Russian School
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT  05753
voice:  802/443-5533; fax: 802/443-5394
http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/Russian/