Books from Russia

Sergey Grigorenko indric at MAIL.RU
Fri Feb 4 13:07:25 UTC 2000

Dear list members,

We are Russian academic publishers doing books on Slavic studies (including Slavic linguistics, Slavic folklore, History of the Slavs, etc). Please find below a list of our books on History of Slavic literatures, which we can offer cheaper then distributors dealing in our books

Thank you,

Sergey

S. V. Nikolsky. Istoriya obraza Shveyka. Novoe o Yaroslave Gasheke i eego geroe.
S. V. Nikolsky. The genesis of the Shweik image. New on J. Hashek and his hero.
ISBN-5-85759-049-3
1997, 172 pp
Paperback, $7
New archival research proves that there was a real person, whom Gashek used as prototype for his Shweik. The reconstruction of the Hashek s plan of his book about the brave soldier also proves it.

A. B. Penkovsky. Nina. Kul turnyj mif zolotogo veka russkoy literatury v lingvisticheskom osveschenii.
A. B. Penkovsky. Nina. Cultural myth of the Golden Age of the Russian literature in linguistic interpretation.
ISBN-5-85759-104-X
1999, 520 pp
Hard cover, $20
The author analyzes two notorious Russian texts of the beginning of the 19th century    Masquerade  by Lermontov and  Eugene Onegin  by Pushkin, discovering and reconstructing  the Nina s myth .

Istoriya literatur Vostochnoy Evropy posle Vtoroy mirovoy voyny.
History of Literatures of the Eastern Europe after the Second World War. Vol. 1. 1945 1960 / Ed. by V. Khorev.
ISBN-5-85759-021-3
1995, 696 pp
Hard cover, $15
The subject of the book is the history of Bulgarian, Hungarian, East German, Polish, Romanian, Czechoslovakian, Yugoslavian and Albanian up to the 60s. Specific reactions to ideological pressure are analyzed.

Istoriya literatur zapadnykh i yuzhnykh slavyan.
History of the Literatures of Western and Southern Slavs. Vol. 1. From the beginning till the middle of XVIII century.
ISBN-5-85759-057-7
1997, 888 pp
Hard cover

Istoriya literatur zapadnykh i yuzhnykh slavyan.
History of the literatures of Western and Southern Slavs. Vol. 2. Formation and development of the literatures of the Modern time. Second half of XVIII
80s of XIX century.
ISBN-5-85759-058-2
1997, 672 pp.
Hard cover, 1997
Two volumes   $30
The Slavic literatures are analyzed in European context.

G. F. Poljakova. Predanie o rogatoi materi-olenikhe v  Belom parokhode  Chingiza Aytmatova. Istoriko-literaturnyj analiz.
G. F. Poljakova. The Story of Horned Mother-Deer in the  White Steamer  by Chingiz Ajtmatov. Historic-literary analysis.
ISBN-5-85759-089-2
1999, 224 pp
Paperback, $7
The study of Aitmatov s book in the context of Turkic history.

SLAVIC ALMANAC
This periodical is based on the materials of annual conference  Day of Slavic Literature and Culture . It covers history, culture, literature and languages of the Slavic peoples from Middle Ages till Modern Time.
Slavyanskiy al manakh
Slavic Almanac 1996.
ISBN-5-85759-059-0
1997, 248 pp
Paperback, $9
Slavyanskiy al manakh
Slavic Almanac 1997.
ISBN-5-85759-078-7
1998, 344 pp
Paperback, $9
Slavyanskiy al manakh
Slavic Almanac 1998.
ISBN-5-85759-103-1
1999, 252 pp
Paperback, $9

Ocherki istorii kul tury slavyan.
Essays on the Cultural History of the Slavs.
ISBN-5-85759-42-6
1996, 496 pp
Hard cover, $15
The essays in this collection cover the problems of the origin of the Slavs, reflection of their primitive material and spiritual culture in their language, further development of Slavic cultures through the Middle ages, incipience and spreading of Slavic writing, genesis of Slavic literary languages and literatures, art, music, architecture.

Chelovek v kontekste kul tury. Slavyanskiy mir.
Man in the Cultural Context. Slavic World / Ed. I. I. Svirida.
ISBN-5-85759-020-5
1995, 240 pp
Paperback, $9
Papers in this collection are focused on interpretation of man and human ipseity developed in Slavic cultures from Middle Ages to Modern Time. Among the contributors to this collection are L. Vinogradova, S. M. Tolstaya, L. A. Sofronova, V. V. Mochalova, G. Cachev and others.

I. M. Snegirjov. Russkie narodnye poslovitsy i pritchi.
I. M. Snegirjov. Russian folk proverbs and sayings / Prepared by E. Kostjukhin.
ISBN-5-85759-096-5
1998, 624 pp
Hard cover, $ 25
This is a new edition of the classical and most complete collection of Russian proverbs. Its compiler I. M. Snegirjov (1793 1868) is known as an author of numerous books on folk customs, proverbs and popular paintings (louboks). Unlike V.I. Dal, whose collection of proverbs was published later then this one, I. M. Snegirjov offers numerous variants of proverbs, including foreign ones.

A. N. Afanasjev. Poeticheskie vozzreniya slavyan na prirodu.
A. N. Afanasjev. Slavic poetic views on the Nature. A comparative Study of the Slavic legends and beliefs in their connection to mythological stories of other affinitive peoples. Reprint of the 1865 1869 edition. 3-volumes.
ISBN-5-85759-096-5; ISBN-5-85759-011-6; ISBN-5-85759-013-2
1995, 840 pp
Hard cover, $20, $20, $20 or $50 for 3 Vols.