Conference on Teaching Polish Language and Culture

Alexey I. Fuchs c0654038 at TECHST02.TECHNION.AC.IL
Fri Feb 25 21:36:40 UTC 2000

        Hi,

        Not having the needed references at hand, I am interested in the
following. Where does the stress fall in the word "ponyala" (to
understand, fem., past tense (sovershenny vid), sing.). Is it "pOnyala",
or "ponyalA", whether both are acceptable in official speech, and which
form is used colloquially and where.
        I would be happy to collect opinions.

                                                Respectfully, Alexey