Cyrillic Language Kit and the iMac

Richard Robin rrobin at gwu.edu
Wed Jan 5 13:45:57 UTC 2000

Does anyone know if this is because Office 98 for the mac has now switched to
Unicode? I'm not a Mac user, but I have to exchange Cyrillic documents with Mac
Word users, and the adoption of Unicode for recent Microsoft Windows products
seems tot not have been duplicated on the Mac side. Are the current Mac OS and
 the
latest version of word processors now Unicode compatible? If so, cross-platform
Cyrillic issues should begin to disappear. (If not... I guess it's more of the
same ole-same ole.)

-Rich Robin

--
Richard Robin - http://gwis2.circ.gwu.edu/~rrobin
German and Slavic Dept.

                           **** ATTENTION ****

The SEELANGS list is moving servers on January 5, 2000.  Please visit the
following URL for a complete description of the changes and how you will
be affected:

                 http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

                       (Apologies for the delay)