Cyrillic Language Kit and the iMac

Kjetil Ra Hauge K.R.Hauge at east.uio.no
Wed Jan 5 10:44:57 UTC 2000

>I recently installed the Cyrillic Language Kit on a new iMac.
>Unfortunately, I can't get it to recognize any Cyrillic text from documents
>created using an older version of the Language Kit on a Mac Performa.  I'm
>using MS Word on both machines (6.0 and whatever comes with Office 98).

It's Office 98, not the Language Kit, the iMac, or you. Although you can
write Cyrillic with Word 98, it will not recognise Cyrillic from documents
created with the Language Kit in earlier versions of Word. You should still
be able to use Word 6.0, but my suggestion would be to switch to someting
better - AppleWorks, FrameMaker or Nisus Writer.

-- Kjetil RĂ¥ Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
-- (this msg sent from home, ph. +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444 [eFax, U.S.])

                           **** ATTENTION ****

The SEELANGS list is moving servers on January 5, 2000.  Please visit the
following URL for a complete description of the changes and how you will
be affected:

                 http://members.home.net/lists/seelangs/

                       (Apologies for the delay)