glokaja / colorless ideas

Robert Orr colkitto at SPRINT.CA
Fri Jan 14 01:10:30 UTC 2000

Actually, I'm not sure that either 'colourless green ideas" or "' twas
brillig .." are meaningless as such:

1) It has been claimed that "colourless green ideas sleep furiously" was an
accurate description of the Rio Conference on the Enviroment in 1992.

2) Lewis Carroll actually provides an elucidation (through, I think Humpty
Dumpty) of "twas brillig .." accompanied by an illustration.  Has anyone
attempted to illustrate "glokaja kuzdra .."? (I always think of a sinister,
goatlike creature ...)

Robert Orr