What makes up a Russian noun is like a candle flame...

Daf daf at MEIRIONNYDD.FORCE9.CO.UK
Sat Jan 22 18:44:13 UTC 2000

>>and, actually, it leads to the same point - that you just
have to accept that "it is so".  Some accept it right away,
some after just a little questioning and thinking, and some
take a whole year before it 'clicks in', and it can be
accepted]<<
We do have our revenge you know. Spare a thought for poor Russians who have
to get into our psyche in order to attach either 'the' or  'a' or nothing
to the aforesaid nouns, when they know perfectly well that one can do
without articles altogether.

>>Thanks for listening to my ramble!

Not at all Kenneth. It was a pleasure <g>
Daf
[web page- http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk ]