RusEng Dictionary w/words organized by "type"

Udut, Kenneth kenneth.udut at SPCORP.COM
Wed Jan 26 16:57:14 UTC 2000

Hello again SEELANGers!

Is there a Russian/English dictionary (or even just
a Russian dictionary w/out English) - which has the
words organized by "type" [I'm sure there is a better
word for this - perhaps declinsion and conjugation
patterns].

For example:

All masc, singular, nominative nouns which
end in ', and follow normal rules, are grouped
together.

All verbs which end in at', and follow the
standard at' declinsion pattern, are grouped
together.

One of my frustrations is not so much with nouns
and adjectives - but with verbs and declension
patterns.

There seems to be definiancy in examples - perhaps
one example, or a small handful, or a few exercises
to help understanding.

But if this is a rule that one needs to learn to
apply to encounters with large numbers of verbs,
it would be helpful to keep the 'regular' verbs
together, all of the ones that follow all of the
rules of the particular conjugation pattern.

Otherwise, each verb needs to be learned dinstinct
and separate, and as a student of Russian, it gets
confusing.

Either print or electronic dictionary would be fine!

-Kenneth

--
-- Kenneth.Udut at SPCORP.COM