Decoding e-mail

Pavel Samsonov p0s5658 at ACS.TAMU.EDU
Sat Jul 1 22:58:55 UTC 2000

> Dear SEELANGers,
>
> I have Eudora for my e-mail.  They have told me that they have no cyrillic
> language support for their system.  I am considering changing because of
> that.  Could anyone suggest a good e-mail program which allows one to
> receive and send mail in cyrillic?
>
> Meanwhile, I am trying to decode a message I received in cyrillic.  It may
> well not be possible.  I have windows language support and cyrillic
starter
> kit from Fingertip Software.  Can anyone tell me if it is possible to
> decode this message using these programs?  If so, how?
>
> I would be very appreciative of any advice you could offer.  Many thanks
in
> advance.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Mary Delle LeBeau

Dear Mary,

The best way to get your computer to "speak Russian" is to re-install
Windows 98 or 2000.
It has an option for UNICODE. You can only do it while installing. If you
can't do it - get help, it is easy (I am unable to help you because I am
using a lab computer which was set to English/Cyrillic. I did it myself a
couple of years ago, but I forget...)

After you have set your computer to English/Cyrillic option, the best way
will be to install the phonetic Cyrillic Keyboard from the Internet. It is
free and you canb find it at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Paul_Gorodyansky/ (if it is not an
option at the installation).

As for the e-mail system - the best is OUTLOOK Express. Not only does it
support Cyrillic Fonts, it also supports animation, audio files, music
background.... It is part of MS Internet Explorer.

With compliments,

Pavel (Paul) Samsonov
EDAD, College of Education,
Texas A&M University