Golosa site is fully restored

Richard Robin rrobin at GWU.EDU
Tue Jul 11 22:28:09 UTC 2000

Dear SEELANGovtsy,

I am relieved to announce that the Golosa audio site is fully restored. The Golosa page
(http://www.gwu.edu/~slavic/golosa) has all the new links. Be sure to refresh or reload this
page if you have visited it recently.

Some of you asked if and how you could mirror the Golosa site. The answer to "if" is By All
Means! You do not have to have special permission. To get copies of the sound files (as
opposed to listening to them on line), click on those links under the heading "Download
zipped RealAudio files" for each unit. Unzip the files. Place them on your own server and
make the appropriate links. (Ask your local techies how to get the sound files to stream.)

Again my apologies for those of you taking or teaching Russian in the summer who were
inconvenienced. (Since we at GW don't teach Russian in the summer, I became aware of the
problem only when others reported it.) And a big hand to the GW Instructional Technology
Lab, whose staff jumped into action to solve a problem that in effect was not impacting a
single GW student right now.

Sincerely,
Richard Robin