Funders needed for Chechnya film project

Andrew Jameson a.jameson at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Jul 13 16:15:12 UTC 2000

Please readdress replies to David Johnson
Johnson's Russia List
davidjohnson at erols.com

[Note from David Johnson:
  Funders needed for Chechnya film project.
  Some of you may be aware that I have worked for the Center
for Defense Information in Washington DC for many years. CDI
(www.cdi.org) is a nonprofit research and education organization
that, among other things, produces a weekly television series
America's Defense Monitor. I have worked on a number of programs
over the years that explore developments in Russia and US-Russia
relations.
  CDI's president Bruce Blair has initiated a major new television
project on Chechnya. CDI is producing an hour-long documentary on
the war in Chechnya and its impact on the prospects for Russian
democracy. The program is for distribution on public television
early in 2001. CDI is looking for help in underwriting the costs of
this unique project. Interested parties should contact David
Johnson. This is a real opportunity to do something important
to improve understanding of what is happening in Russia.